The refinery strives to create a safe work environment, continuously improves its production processes, invests in staff development, and ensures compliance with safety rules to minimize risks of work-related accidents. Protecting the health and lives of employees is one of the Refinery’s top priorities. The company has been deliberately increasing its spending on employee, industrial, and fire safety. Over the past four years, it has increased almost threefold.
The refinery’s occupational health and safety standards apply to the both the refinery’s companies and its contractors. In this regard, the refinery has developed the following:
• An occupational and industrial safety management system, which sets the industrial safety standards for all of the company’s operation.
• A provision that establishes uniform HSE requirements for all contractors working at the refinery’s territories.
Operational control includes a set of measures aimed at ensuring the safe operation of hazardous production facilities, preventing accidents, and being ready to localize their consequences.
• It has developed safety data sheets for all hazardous production facilities;
• Has created plans for the localization and liquidation of emergency oil spills;
• Carries out comprehensive inspections of hazardous industrial facilities at its fields and license areas.
Prevention and management of emergency situations
The refinery insures its readiness to prevent and manage emergency situations:
• The refinery conducts annual oil spill response and containment drills involving special organizations;
• It owns modern equipment and machinery for rapid containment of oil spills and their cleanup.
Industrial risks insurance
In order to minimize the negative effects related to possible accidents, the refinery annually acquires an integrated insurance package, which includes:
• Property insurance (covers losses related to risks in the operation of facilities and equipment);
• Civil liability and environmental pollution liability insurance;
• Production interruption insurance.
Practically every year, independent international risk engineers conduct a survey of the Refinery’s fields and license blocks. Following their recommendations, the refinery minimizes the identified potential risks, taking into account the probability and magnitude of each risk and its possible consequences.
Our main focus in this area remains to continuously improve its fire-preventative measures. The company carries out regular inspections of fire operations at its facilities, fire drills, and fire-technical reviews. It has developed fire eliminations plans, is improving field infrastructure necessary for the prevention and rapid localization of fires, and operates fire brigades.
The Refinery’s fire stations contain and eliminate fires not only at its facilities, but also at neighboring municipalities, adjacent forest areas, and contractors’ facilities.
The refinery is continuously working on improving the safety of its employees by creating healthy and safe work conditions and providing safety training to its employees.
Our company workplaces strictly adhere with the health and safety standards established by Russian law. The Refinery’s employees and contractors operating at its various fields and license areas are provided with personal protective equipment.
All of the Group’s employees are insured against accidents and undergo regular medical examination.
Our many years of practicing successful implementation of the occupational safety policy have resulted in a gradual decline in the occurrence of accidents, bringing the number of accidents down to zero in 2013.